Today I was sitting with my niece & teaching her about compassion meditation. I closed my eyes & tried to explain the feelings of peace which wash over you during meditation, that the mind wanders & its ok to allow that freedom. I see the freedom of mind as positive because you can learn many things from yourself.
I couldn't believe that such a young person could understand such a complex subject. She had a small enlightenment. I don't have children of my own but have multiple nieces & nephews. They are inspirational to me on so many levels & when we have long intellectual conversations I am overwhelmed in awe of them. How wonderful they all our & how they're opinions differ so greatly.
Your probably thinking where are the recipes, the cooking & jokes. Well I created RhodaGrows as a way to talk about the growth in all of us. Everyday we grow as people by experience & learning. I want people to walk their own journeys & know that there is someone with an open mind there to talk about it or listen to what you have to say.
RhodaGrows is about the human condition & our journeys to enlighten the heart, mind & spirit. I write about food because it is one of the many joys in my life. It helps me to cook & share the fruit of labor with others. Food is important because it nourishes our bodies & brings us together & therefore norishes the soul.
The journey to happiness is there & you should never give up while on the path there. Just never forget to give love , kindness, & compassion towards others. Those people around you could very well be the key to happiness.
I wish you all healthy, loving, compassionate, & happy lives. I send with you as always my love. Pay it forward & spread the love.
RhodaGrows in so many ways, welcome to my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment